What is the Contractor Orientation program?
In co-operation with Ontario mining companies, NORCAT has developed a common Contractor Orientation Program.
The two-hour program focuses on:
- The safety rules and proper working practices for construction workers, and
- The general rules of conduct and work etiquette required of contractors working on company properties.
NORCAT's Computer-Based Training materials ensure that the quality of the training program remains consistent.
NORCAT's central database offers clients easy access to accurate training documentation.
A successfully trained participant receives a NORCAT Contractor Pass. The NORCAT security pass allows the holder access to properties of participating companies.
What advantages can sponsor companies expect?
- Companies can be assured that contractors receive a standard, consistent level of training and testing.
- Companies gain access to accurate, up-to-date training records and documentation.
- Companies are free of the costs and liabilities associated with general orientation training.
- Companies are able to identify and track workers who have completed NORCAT training.
- Companies can access records to evaluate contractor training and work-safety records
What advantages can contractors expect?
- Contractors do not need to repeat general orientation training at the work sites of participating companies.
- Contractors receive recognized safety training at reasonable cost.
- Contractors can access readily available employee records.
- Contractors are assured that their workers receive a standard, consistent level of training and testing.
- Contractors have access to documented training records that meet ISO standards.
What advantages can individual workers expect?
- A worker's training records are documented and maintained.
- A worker's training records can be easily and quickly transferred to participating companies.
- A worker does not need to repeat the general orientation program if he/she changes companies.
- A worker's Contractor Pass is accepted by all participating companies.
For information about Contractor Orientation please contact NORCAT:
Phone: 705-521-8324, ext. 401