Product Design, Prototyping & Testing
The Product Design, Prototyping & Testing Lab is a state-of-the-art advanced manufacturing makerspace featuring the latest equipment, technology, and educational programming to help startups and large companies design, prototype, and test new products.
Speed to market is imperative and because of this competition to get products to market more quickly, many companies use rapid prototyping techniques to build parts for testing and analysis.
As innovation-driven companies know all too well, customers and investors often “want to see something” to give them a better understanding of the product and how it functions to address the complex global market opportunity that it is designed to address. Our “one-stop shop” product design, prototyping, and testing group offer the following capabilities.
Equipment and Tools:
- CNC machining
- 3D design and printing
- Electronic design and assembly
- RF and EMC certification facility
- Injection molding
- Mentorship, advisory, and educational programming related to advanced manufacturing, electronics, and instrumentation.
- Co-location daily workstations, “hot desks”, and storage lockers
- Collaborative space, lounges, and drafting/design tables
- Specialized safety courses.
In addition, our state-of-the-art NORCAT Underground Technology Testing Centre offers resources and equipment to support our clients interested in testing their technologies in an operating mine environment.
Click here to connect with our NORCAT team and learn more about the NORCAT Product Design, Prototyping & Testing Lab.