The Train the Trainer course is based on 3 days. The first session involves instruction in adult-centered teaching methods and principles of learning. The participants engage in lesson planning and presentation/classroom delivery with the emphasis being on skills transfer, evaluations and primarily program development.
The trainer candidate should also be a person of integrity with leadership qualities in his/her area of expertise but above all they must want to do the job, which is demanding. Trainers must have the ability to transfer skills and knowledge to those in their charge and accept full responsibility for their performance while they are in their charge as legal liabilities.
The instructor and peer evaluation of performance delivered by the individual in the following areas:
- Select a suitable module from either the Underground Common Core Program P770121 or Program P770141.
- Prepare a detailed lesson plan, including all materials and data for a classroom training session of not less than one hour. Include site/company specific procedures and the Act or Regulations that apply.
- Present and deliver the classroom training prepared in the assignment 1 lesson Plan. Be prepared to perform an objective student evaluation of each presentation delivered by your peers.
- Prepare a skills “show and tell demonstration” to group peers. Have at least one person perform the complete skill set while remaining class members of the group observe and perform formal written task observation of the skill set presented.
- In the appropriate Trainee book and using a valid check list, sign and document both the written tests and task observation sheets for the modular section completed.
FINAL WRITTEN EXAM – 80% REQUIRED TO PASS.
For information on Train the Trainer programs please contact NORCAT: