COVID-19 Update - NORCAT Prevention
Although the risk of exposure to COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) remains low in Ontario, NORCAT is committed to the continuity of all of our services to support the health and well-being of our staff, our customers and our tenants throughout this period of escalated concern on an ongoing basis. Therefore, in the best interests of our employees, clients, customers and the general public, we have implemented measures to mitigate the potential impact of COVID-19 and and are taking the following precautionary steps at our facilities:
- Posting of notices throughout our facilities providing steps individuals can take to prevent the spread of illness
- Enhanced cleaning of our facilities, with particular focus on high-traffic areas and high-touch surfaces
- Addition of hand sanitizers and disinfecting wipes within classrooms and computer labs
- Respiratory fit testing has been suspended at all NORCAT locations
- Effective immediately, all public tours of NORCAT facilities have been suspended until further notice.
- Effective immediately, NORCAT-organized special events or large gatherings have been cancelled, including PITCH 2020
The Ministry of Health is continually assessing the status of COVID-19 cases in Ontario. Learn more here: ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus.